Coconut Tahini Banana Bread
There is nothing quite like a nice thick piece of banana bread. I love baking and I usually make something on the weekend to enjoy with my matcha, coffee or tea throughout the week. I love taking the time to sit down to enjoy some time for myself and it feels so good to know exactly what is in my baked goods. It makes that time even more special.
I've been obsessed with coconut for the longest time so when I got into my zone, I thought a mix of tahini and coconut would make the most perfect loaf. Turns out, I was right (hehe) and this is now my favorite spin on the classic banana bread. I already know this will become a new favorite and I'm so happy to share it with you.
Tahini's nutty flavor coupled with the nutritional benefits —high in calcium, B vitamins, vitamin E, and other minerals—makes this gluten-free tahini banana bread just that much better.
As with all of my recipes, this banana bread is refined sugar-free and is only slightly sweetened with maple syrup. I suggest using very ripe bananas to make the bread sweeter, and definitely taste the batter before baking to see if you need some more maple syrup for your liking
COCONUT TAHINI BANANA BREAD
What You Need:
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3-4 TBSP maple syrup
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- sesame seeds and shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana with a fork and add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs into the banana and maple syrup mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until it's well combined. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle sesame seeds and coconut flakes if desired.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Check at 40 minutes and cover the top lightly with a sheet of foil to prevent over browning.
- Allow bread to cool completely then slice and serve.
As always, if you make this recipe make sure to tag @nakdhealth on Instagram. I hope you love it!
You may also like:
Chocolate Zucchini Bread