Rustic Vegetable Loaf (GF, Paleo)
Ok - time to admit it - but we LOVE bread. So we started experimenting and the result was this healthy alternative to traditional bread. This tasty loaf is completely free of gluten, dairy products and sugar.
Enjoy a slice with some avocado, coconut oil, zucchini hummus or your favorite soup. Prepare to be mesmerized when your entire house is filled with the smells of this heavenly loaf!
- 2 cup ground almonds (blended into a flour)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, mix carrots, zucchini, onions, herbs and garlic.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, olive oil and honey.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, flaxseed, sunflower seeds and other spices you want.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
5. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and pour the mixture.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown, 15-30 minutes and leave to cool before serving.